If the Sharp Sharp Aquos TV is not responding to the remote control, you need to go through the troubleshooting steps, which will help you identify the problem and get an idea to resolve the issue. Sometimes remote works better, but the TV may not respond due to unknown errors inside and in the power sockets. After resolving the remote issues, you can control the volume, channels, power, menu, and other features on your TV using the remote control. We have covered all issues in this post to fix the remote problems and Sharp Aquos TV.
- Press all the buttons on the remote and observe whether the LED indicator is blinking. If the LED is not blinking, replace the new batteries that supply enough voltage to your remote to send solid signals to the Sharp Aquos TV. Now aim the remote control towards the TV.
- Control the device with the remote from an appropriate distance and remove obstructions between the remote and the device. Obstructions can break down your remote signals when you press the remote control’s buttons.
- Clean inside the remote with an alcohol cleanser and remove the dust under the buttons. After this, wipe off the circuit board using a soft cloth. Assemble the remote parts and insert new batteries in the remote to test it.
- Try to control your Sharp Aquos TV with another remote to fix the issue with the remote control or the Sharp Aquos TV. If the TV responds to another remote, the problem is inside the remote. If not, you need to check the TV settings, power sockets, and loose connections. Sometimes, you may need to reset your TV settings by following the instructions provided by the TV manufacturer. As well as update Sharp Aquos TV firmware if any update is available on the official website. After updating your firmware, you need to install the Apps and make custom settings that you need to access.
- If the remote doesn’t work after fixing the problems mentioned earlier, run the power cycle that clears power supply interruptions and software glitches. To do this, unplug the wires from the Sharp Aquos TV, and wait for 5 minutes. Next, press the “POWER” button on the remote control for 20 seconds. That’s it; the power cycling process is completed.
- Reset the remote control by removing batteries from the remote for a minute or follow the instructions to reset the remote control in the user manual. You can see how to reset the remote control on this website.
- If you fix the Sharp Aquos TV with no error, and the remote doesn’t work, buy the same model remote control or replace it with the universal remote control. A compatible universal remote allows you to access all the functions of your original remote control. However, you need to program the remote control using the user manual instructions or find the instructions and compatible remote on this website to replace the remote control for your Sharp Aquos TV.
How to Turn On Sharp Aquos TV Without Remote
To turn on Sharp Sharp Aquos TV without a remote, press the “POWER” button on the TV front or use the universal remote App on your phone. However, your Smartphone should have wifi or infrared capabilities to send the signals to the TV. You can install the universal remote Apps from your phone store.
What to Do if Sharp Aquos TV Doesn’t Respond to the Remote?
You have several options when your Sharp Aquos TV doesn’t respond to the remote control. Fix the issues inside and outside of the TV. After this, fix the issues in the remote control, such as batteries, damages, line of signal strength and more, as mentioned earlier in this post.
Where is the Power Button on Sharp Aquos TV?
Usually, the power button placed on the TV’s front right, left, or in the middle is labelled “POWER” or its symbol. Anyone can easily identify the power button.
How to Change Input on Sharp TV Without Remote
Changing the input on Sharp TV without the remote control is possible. Find the “MENU” or “SOURCE” button under the TV panel to navigate the settings. If the TV has an “INPUT” button, press it directly after turning on your TV. Use the Volume or Channel buttons to navigate the settings. Change your inputs, such as HDMI, AUDIO, and VIDEO.
How to Connect Sharp TV to Wi-Fi Without Remote
Turn on the Sharp TV and the wifi before connecting the wifi to the Sharp TV. If you don’t have a remote control to connect wifi to the Sharp TV, connect the keyboard and mouse to the TV. Using the mouse, access the TV features and search the wireless network. Make sure to turn on wifi before connecting it to the Sharp TV.
How to Access Sharp Aquos TV Menu Without Remote
Access the Shap Aquos TV menu without a remote by pressing the “MENU” button under the remote control or using the universal remote App available on your Smartphone store. Use the Volume or CH buttons to navigate the menu.
Connect all the wires correctly before turning on your Sharp Aquos TV, and keep new batteries inside the remote to avoid power supply errors. As well as find the errors inside the TV and remote control to resolve the problems and work back your remote control to operate the Sharp Aquos remote control. Sharp Aquos remote allows you to control it without a remote using the physical buttons under the TV panel.